Honey benefits for skin are many and marvelous. Honey is made by bees naturally using juices from flowers and pollen grains. Raw, unprocessed honey has no manmade substances that damage the skin. It is a clean gift of nature that can hardly cause any harm to the skin if applied topically. If you are feeling unattractive because of facial blemishes you can try homemade honey masks. They are usually prepared with honey and other natural ingredients such as cinnamon, sea salt, nutmeg, milk, yoghurt, tomato juice and olive oil among others.
One is free to blend honey creatively with other foods because it is totally harmless. If you are still unconvinced, read on to discover top 4 honey benefits for skin.
1) Honey is very nutritious - Manufactured with natural juices and pollen grains, honey’s high concentration of amino acids, minerals and vitamins is unquestionable. It contains high amounts of Vitamin B and Vitamin A including pantothenic acid, riboflavin and niacin. These two are ideal skin beauty enhancers.
2) Honey is full of antioxidants – Many skin-care products contain antioxidants because they are needed by the deeper layers of the skin to produce outward beauty. The surroundings throw free radicals at the skin from the air, sun’s radiation and food. When the body absorbs oxygen it transforms it into energy via oxidation process and more free radicals are released into body. It is the work of the antioxidants to reverse the negative effects caused by the free radicals on the skin. They also heal and repair the skin cells found in the inner layers.
3) Honey is a natural moisturizer - When honey is applied topically to the skin it is able to trap moisture from the air naturally. It is among the best humectants that do not only trap moisture from air but also store it on the skin to keep it hydrated. Besides, honey is a thick, sticky fluid that keeps the skin moisturized throughout.
4) Honey has antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties - Honey has been used to treat skin blemishes for many centuries. It can heal burns, bruises and wounds with its natural hydrogen peroxide that becomes active in presence of water. Past studies have shown that honey is effective against candida albicans that cause yeast infections and Staphylococcus aureus bacteria that infect wounds badly.
As a result of the above four Honey benefits for skin, honey can improve your skin in many ways. The following are 5 things than honey can do for you.
1) It can rejuvenate your sensitive and acne prone skin wonderfully
2) It can get rid of fine lines and ugly wrinkles that are starting to form on your face.
3) With its rich nutrients’ reserves, honey can nourish the deeper layer of your skin (dermis) to produce good results on the outer layer (epidermis).
4) Being a humectant, honey can attract and retain moisture on the skin. This is an easy way of handling dry, flaky skin.
5) Honey can get rid of skin discolorations, make the ugly black marks caused by acne less visible and leave the skin smooth and beautiful.
Article Views: 8084 Report this Article