Live life to the fullest! Walk in your garden during your leisure time; jog or bike every morning to maintain a physically fit body; run as fast as you can to chase whatever or whoever you want, and climb the highest peak you want. However, you need to have healthy knees be able to execute those.
The most important part of the body to walk correctly and efficiently is a healthy and stable knee. Strong legs and feet won't matter if the knee is weak. Our knees are responsible for standing, walking, jogging, running and climbing. If knees are injured or affected, it will be hard to move from one place to another because you will have to endure the pain.
Experiencing knee pain is usual especially for athletes. Several things that can cause knee pain are the following:
• Injury – An injury to the knee may affect the ligaments. It can also damage the tendons or bursae surrounding the bones and joints of the knee.
• Mechanical Problem – This problem is caused by a person's self-movement. Dislocation of the joints and displacement of the kneecap are some mechanical problems that cause knee pain.
• Arthritis - There are about 100 types of arthritis, and many of these affect the knee which causes knee pain. Most commonly, this occurs in adults or aged people.
Many factors can put you at risk of having a knee pain. Some of these are the following:
• Past injury – Having a history of knee injury is possible to occur again.
• Some sports – There are different kinds of physical activities, but few of these are risky to have your knees injured. Sports like basketball, running, high jump or skiing are potential to cause knee injury.
• Obesity – Having a heavy weight or obesity is one factor that can cause knee pain. The excess weight of the upper body will increase the stress on the knee when standing or mobilizing.
• Weak or Inflexible Muscles – Knees need support. If muscles are weak or not flexible, knees cannot endure the stress exerted on it.
Knee pain can be mild or severe. It depends on what caused it. The following are symptoms that can bring you knee pain:
• You will discover that your knees are swelling.
• You will feel it warm when you touch the affected area.
• You are not able to stand firm.
• You will suffer in unstable and weak knees.
• The affected part will become redder than usual.
It is important that we know the causes of having a knee pain so that we can avoid doing it. Another thing that we must know is the symptoms of knee pain so that it will be treated immediately to stop further complications.
Living life is only once. Every second is crucial so don't let anything prevent you from living an enjoyable life. A painful knee is temporary. It can get cured as long as you will treat it immediately. Take care of your body and don't let any situation stop you from moving toward your dreams.
Article Views: 269 Report this Article