Experts of garage door repair in Toronto say that the standard material for making garage doors has been wood for a pretty long time. At most 20 wooden garage doors are sold in Toronto alone every month. Well finished and polished garage doors made of wood aren’t just great for security but for aesthetic appeal too.
However, manufacturers have recently introduced a better alternative to wood – fibreglass. Fibreglass resolved most of the drawbacks of wooden garage doors. Following are some of its pros and cons.
Pros of a Fibreglass Garage Doors
1. People generally decide to buy a fibreglass garage door rather than a wooden garage door because of the price difference. Professionals who provide garage door repair in Mississauga say that price of fibreglass garage doors are much less as compared to that of wooden garage doors.
2. Fibreglass doors are available in the market in myriad patterns, designs and finishes. They present a more aesthetic and classy look. One can buy fibreglass doors that look just like wooden garage doors. Wide range of options also makes this material widely popular amongst people.
3. Fibreglass garage doors in contrast to wooden garage doors are very easy to customize. These doors are also available in a translucent shade. This makes them the most ideal garage door to be employed in garages where people have opened an office, a gym or a spare room.
4. Garage doors made of this material are extremely lightweight in nature when compared to traditional garage doors that are made of steel, wood or aluminium. This makes these doors maintenance-friendly as they don’t put any kind of strain on their mechanical components.
5. Unlike wood, garage doors made of fibreglass are also highly resistant to rots and termites. While wood can be affected from them to a great extent, fibreglass, on the contrary, can withstand not just them but the harsh climates too. They don’t shrink too unlike wooden garage doors.
Cons of Fibreglass Garage Doors
. The biggest problem with fibreglass garage door is they are synthetic in nature and therefore take a considerably long time for getting disposed. This is a grave environmental concern.
. Fibreglass doors hardly provide any insulation, while wooden doors are famous for their insulating properties. Moreover, they can become brittle in cold climates which affect their operation.
Nowadays homeowners can choose from a wide variety of garage door options for themselves. However, it’s necessary for every prospective buyer to evaluate the major factors that play a crucial role in your purchase like; material, price, climate and style etc.
We, at "Dormaster Garage Doors & Windows", provide the best solutions when it comes to garage door repair in Toronto. Reach us anytime to for more info on our products.
Article Views: 670 Report this Article