When it comes to catfishing it is easy to say that you could be heading into one heck of an adventure. Once you learn at least the basics you will really be ready to rock and roll. To the untrained eye when it comes to first learning about catfish it may seem difficult but thats what reading and a few tips can do to help you get good at catching catfish.
Tips You Absolutely Want To Take Seriously
If you do want to catch more catfish then it is important to read the tips you are going to find below. Take the time now to pay attention to these tips and your next catfish adventure just may be exactly what you envisioned.
1. Size Does Matter. When it comes to catfish not only are you dealing with several different types but also several different sizes. If you have an idea of the size you will be going after you will be able to pick the right gear. If you take the time to plan ahead you will allow yourself more time when it comes to actually fishing.
2. The Right Gear. Picking the right gear can go a long way in helping make your catfishing trip a success. Dont think you have to be limited to one rod and reel, also know that you should have a wide selection of tackle. The gear for the most part is not that expensive. If you do need to go fishing for the bigger catfish then you will need to get the gear that will accomadate bigger fish.
3. Know What Baits To Use. It will really help if you are able to determine specific baits for specific catfish. Its about doing your homework and understanding whats going to work for what types of catfish. Reading more precise articles and talking to people will help you make important decisions. Once you know more about baits it will allow you to catch more fish. However while you are researching feel free to use an old faithful like grass hoppers which will almost always work for catfish.
4. Bait That Stinks. When looking for baits for catfish you want the baits that are really stinky. Now this may sound weird but you will want the stink to be a sort of fresh stink. You also want the bait to be as fresh as possible. So in saying fresh that means you should always try and stay away from frozen baits when it comes to bait for the catfish.. If you are an avid fisher person for catfish be sure to always have a place to keep your bait fresh.
5. Importance Of Water Temperature. If one thing is really important its knowing the water temperature before setting out on your catfish journey. This is important because temperature can be very important when trying to catch catfish. For the most part you will catch more fish in water that is between 70 and 80 degrees Fahrenheit. So if you know the temperature you will know your chances a little better.
As long as you keep on fishing you will notice you will learn a lot more as you go. You should also keep reading these articles. You will be pleasently surprised at how much you can learn just by paying attention to a few words. Catching a fish is your ultimate goal but please remember that a bad day of fishing is better then a good day at work.
Article Views: 2015 Report this Article