When it comes to fish out of lakes for many years they have been put into three categories. The first is game fish, second being food fish and the third is known as bait fish.
The fish you are looking at catching in lakes will consist of walleye, trout, pike, musky, perch, bass and a few others. Once you do a little homework about sport fish in lakes you will get a better understanding of the fish in the list. For the most part these are considered game fish.
Now the next level which is considered food fish are catfish, yellow perch, carp and suckers. Of course a few of these when they get much larger can also be considered game fish. At the end of the day its about the recreational fun you find in the fishing of all these species.
When it comes to fishing in lakes it really is hard to describe what to do. There are different procedures in casting, reeling, landing and so forth. There are two great ways to learn. The first one is to continue practicing and the second is to watch others that are doing what you are setting out to do.
The thing about lake fishing is that it can be great fun and is probably much easier to master then anything else. The beginner will quickly find themselves getting better and better in a very short period of time. Below I will give you a few tips to help you and other anglers when it comes to lake fishing.
1. When fishing in a lake you need to understand that you need to have a smooth stroke when it comes to your casting. A cast that is too whip like or too unsteady will result in casting and losing hooks.
2. When fishing you need to remember that the hook is just an extension of the line you are using. They need to work together because a cast without line or a hook just wont work.
3. Practice will make things work perfectly as your timing gets better. It is very important to get the timing to exactly where you want it.
4. You again will have to do your homework and know what kinds of fish are in the lakes. You could be looking for small fish like black bass, and all types of sunfish.
Fish like these can be found in spots like logs, stumps and around trees and other plants.
5. If you are going after the big fish in the lakes then you will have to use gear that is more suited for it. Big bass can get up to 12 pounds and put up a battle like you have never experienced before. The reason these fish grow so big in lakes and ponds is because food is always so abundant which for the most part is what they really need.
As you continue fishing you will start to see what the best equipment is for you. You will find out through trial and error what will work for you. Once you do that you will make your fishing experience even better.
Article Views: 1831 Report this Article