The time has come to learn how to fish. This will probably be the most fun you ever have learning anything but that really is what fishing is all about. The first thing is yo will need many different types of tackle. When it comes to fish they arent a lot different then us by saying that not all fish like the same stuff.
You can be told anything but the fact of the matter is finding something that claims to be all purpose isnt really the case. The fact is there are some basic things that all new people should know. These things really arent difficult and will make your new hobby as fun as it can be. So below you will find some basics when it comes to what you will need for fishing gear.
1. Fishing Reels-Its not really about money but getting something that is a good medium grade reel that comes with a spare spool. Doing this will give you a good start on what you need to get started. This reel will give you use of freedom pretty much any where you decide to fish. A simple reel at first is actually easier to use then something more technical. As you move up in experience you can purchase some better gear.
2. Fishing Rod-When getting your first rod you want to get a medium action rod that is flexible and will help you with the mistakes you are going to make. If you can bend the tip of the rod to the handle with out it snapping you have a great rod to get started with. The best length to get started with is 6 foot, 6 inches long. If you go with rods that are shorter you will be giving up important length and the rod will become very uncomfortable very quickly.
3. Fishing Line-From people who have a lot of experience you will hear all kinds of stories as to why one line is better then another. However as a beginner you should use monofilament line. The line will work with beginners by being very flexible and forgiving when it needs to be. You should wait until you develop your skills a lttle more before spending a lot of money on line that you dont even know how to work.
4. Fishing Hooks-For the most part hooks arent going to make a huge difference when you get started. Bigger hooks will require bigger equipment and this should all be saved for once you get more experienced when it comes to fishing. Just dont do things to make other things complicated.
5. Fishing Bobers And Floats-When it comes to bobbers and floats they are something you could actually do without at first. While you can do without they can also be very handy. The bobbers or floats come into play when you are trying to keep your baits at certain levels in the water. When you get a bit the bobber will bob up and down and you will know you are geting a bite. Now it is time to set the hook and see what you caught.
6. Fishing Lures-These are very important because they are what convince the fish to bite so you can catch. If you walk in a small fishing store or a big fishing store you will in most cases see thousands and thousands of lures to get started with. As a new fisher person making these kinds of decisions can be very difficult. The best thing to do is tell the people at the store what you will be fishing for and if they are good they will do their best to outfit you in something in the middle that will hopefully work until you start figuring things out on your own.
So now you are a beginner when it comes to catching a fish. The thing is you need to do your home work and get out there and go fishing. Those two things will get your experience level where you want it to be. Keep on fishing and all will be good.
Article Views: 3442 Report this Article