This Article is About
jobs
How Can The United States Create Jobs, Reduce The Deficit Without Raising Taxes
Join 1000's of Authors at StreetArticles Today!

How Can the United States Create Jobs, Reduce the Deficit Without Raising Taxes

How to Protect the United States from Terrorism & All Violent Crimes, Reduce Prison Population, Create Jobs, Reduce the Budget Deficit Without the Need to Raise Taxes

Part 1

There are two major problems in the United States of America and Western European countries. These two major problems that are creating serious budget deficits, lack of confidence of both consumers and investors alike are: Failure to update both Military and Law Enforcement Systems that has been in existence for more than two hundred years.

It is for this reason that the government implemented and is gearing toward more budget cuts, i.e.: military (possible reduction of 80,000 soldiers and 20,000 marines), education (layoff teachers, increase tuition fees, etc.).

These budget cuts are totally wrong, misguided, ineffective, negative and unproductive. And by combining these budget cuts and the plan to raise taxes is going to hurt everyone, rich or poor, the economy, continue the increase of government debts both at local and national level.

This article therefore is written to educate and unite the American people, the leaders in the government, consumers and investors, small and big corporations, young struggling students, homeless & unemployed military veterans, active military soldiers, all members of the law enforcement that increasing taxes is not the answer to all these challenges. By increasing taxes, the government would simply keep on using the same strategies that are currently in place; Strategies that are ineffective, costly for the taxpayers, yield negative impact to the economy and causes more sufferings to humanity.

Based on my 50 plus years studies and researches of insurgency across Asia, all violent crimes from Asian countries, the entire United States of America, Western Europe, Mexico, Canada and Australia the following analysis, strategies and solutions were developed:

The United States Armed Forces is the best in the world, as far as conventional warfare is concerned. Unfortunately, when it comes to insurgency, the same military force is totally lost simply due to lack of understanding of insurgency. Ten years in Afghanistan, billions of dollars, casualties of civilians and troops, political wrangling between Washington, D.C., Afghanistan and Pakistan, these are all clear proof that my deep understanding of insurgency is far different from the military and leaders in the government.

Based on how I understood insurgency and to avoid undue distraction regarding the current military effort in Afghanistan, I will use the October 3 & 4, 1993 Battle of Mogadishu or widely known as the movie, Black Hawk Down.

After President Obama was sworn into office, his first question to the military was what are the options in Afghanistan. Along with his National Security advisers, weeks of studies were made, looking as far back as the Vietnam War, etc. Looking at the last few years of President Obama and Afghanistan, it is clear to me that there was no other options in Afghanistan other than the usual military conventional strategy.

The former leader of Iraq, Saddam Hussein, distributed copies of this movie, Black Hawk Down to his military officers to study the weaknesses of the US military and we all know he failed to accomplish that objective.

Using this Battle of Mogadishu and applying my deep understanding of insurgency, allowed me to establish the weaknesses and strengths of both the military and the Somalia militia fighters loyal to the self-proclaimed president-to-be Mohamed Farah Aidid. Prior to the execution of the mission of the U.S. Rangers, the plan should have these objectives: Protect the U.S. Rangers, helicopters, military equipment and unarmed civilians (men, women and children). With these objectives in mind, I created the proper analysis and strategies, one is generic while the other is in full details. For the purpose of my objective of writing this article, I will only provide the generic one, while the other (full details) is reserved for government and military use only:

Isolate all unarmed children, women and men;

Take the building walls used by the militia fighters for their defensive, offensive and strategic advantage out of equation - without destroying any structures;

Give the US Rangers the defensive and offensive advantage while securing all the helicopters and other military vehicles/equipment out of shooting range;

Enable the U.S. Rangers to use Mohamed Farah Aidid's source of power against the militia fighters.

With all of the above strategies, casualties is drastically reduced and accomplishing the mission is at a much higher rate of success.

Currently there is no one in the military, active or retired that is capable of this strategy.

This is an "isolation process" that the military and law enforcement is missing. This isolation process is called, RE-MO, to honor those who died in this battle and hopefully, if our leaders in the government will be able to act fast, based on this article, save more lives and billions of dollars. RE-MO is from the words REMEMBER MOGADISHU.

IMPACT OF RE-MO in the United States and selected European countries should the government chose to adapt it:

1) Drastically reduce terrorism

2) Create jobs

3) Reduce the budget deficit both at local and national level

4) Eliminate the need to raise taxes

5) Give the consumers, taxpayers and investors the badly needed confidence in the government

6) Unite our government leaders to toward these common goals

An example of how to reduce terrorism, create jobs, reduce budget deficit, without raising taxes:

RE-MO is applicable in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Egypt, Syria, the piracy off Somalia, all types of violence in the United States, Australia, Canada and selected European nations. By understanding violence, RE-MO is capable of combining preventing violence, creating jobs, reducing prison population and homelessness with one effort.

For Afghanistan: Secretary of Defense Panetta is asking, if I remember correctly, $88 billions for the 2013 military effort in Afghanistan. And to reduce the military budget, plans to eliminate about 80,000 soldiers and 20,000 marines.

Using RE-MO, spend only less than ten percent (10%) of that money in Afghanistan, keep the 80,000 soldiers and 20,000 marines not only to prevent unemployment of these men and women in uniforms but also to keep the balance of power in the Asia Pacific region. Reduce the military budget, but continue upgrading military hardware (airplanes, vessels, weapons, etc.). This effort will be supported and funded without increasing taxes. That's more than $70 billion dollars savings in one year alone as compared to Warren Buffet's tax the rich proposal that would generate $40+ billion dollars in 11 years? Plus RE-MO's 100% guarantee of troops safety from IEDs (Improvised Explosive Device);

The fight against the piracy off Somalia is approximately a 19 nations and 40 warships effort that is not capable of totally stopping the problem. Again, conventional military effort is not the answer in this problem.

Using RE-MO will only require approximately a third of the warships, only one nation (the United States) to use these strategies - a two year three-phase effort with these objectives: zero piracy, eliminate the militia fighters, establish a fully functioning government and establish food self-sufficiency. This effort will be supported by the militia fighters and pirates as well - using the power of RE-MO. U.S. AFRICOM will be more effective and accomplish missions much faster and efficiency with less budget requirement.

Part II is understanding violence, the need to update the Law Enforcement System that has remained the same since its inception, to reduce prison population, create jobs, eliminate tuition hikes, rehire all our teachers back, eliminate homeless & jobless military veterans and beef up homeland security with modern solutions, all without the need to raise taxes.

Street Talk

Daniel Ver1, Your article is a bit overwhelming to me. Yet very informative. Look forward to part 2. blessings, Cynthia

about 7 years ago

Hi Cynthia, I am thinking I should give you my websites first to see if you can handle the marketing part. Let me know how I can give you the website names. Regards, Daniel

about 7 years ago

Sure. Click thru to enroll in my free emails. Then reply to one! By the way, for one of my business partners that I decided I liked best? I went and got them $20 million in new business from new clients. They went on to get much much more from those clients though one of the clients did go out of business they sort of spun off a Fortune 500 company from one division. Interesting to learn first hand how big companies shed problems and restart!

Joan S

I'm not militarily literate, so it's hard for me to comment on the way this war has been conducted. On the other hand, I have some opinions anyway, and I think that reducing the military while we are still at war is a foolish move. That's a no brainer. Panetta is completely against it. Wouldn't you be elated to hear of a reduction in military if you were the enemy? All they have to do is sit and wait for us to leave, and they'll march back in. We are a very powerful nation, smart in some ways, and not so smart in other ways. We are still ignorant of the depth of the underlying hatred in the middle east for each other, Israel, and the United States. You can't cure it with explosives. I attribute the unrest to poverty. It's very easy to brainwash people who don't have enough to eat. That is worrying me about the US. The number of people at poverty level has been growing, and Washington wants to increase taxes saying that it will only affect people at a certain level. All in a climate where we need business growth to eliminate poverty levels, and bring us all back to prosperity. I believe prosperity is everyone's right, and it's not just money. As far as the Middle East is concerned, those people have been controlled by giving them a scapegoat and letting it ferment. Unfortunately, that scapegoat is the US, for now. There is deep resentment in those countries that has been festering for centuries. I think as their economies become more equitable, when women are respected as equals, when they respect all life, especially human life, when they have more exposure to other cultures and discover that Christians and Buddhists, Hindus, Taoists can be nice people, then things will start to be better. I think the answer for the Middle East really is democracy. Then they can direct all that energy to building a life for themselves that will dissipate the anger. As far as our country is concerned, we have suffered from pathetically faulty management and greed. And, we've had to adjust to a world economy that affects everybody. I agree with you regarding taxes and allocation of funds. If Warren Buffett wants to contribute more in taxes, then he has my blessings. His money will be frittered away. It'll be like throwing it into the ocean, unless there is change. We need an overhaul, not more taxes.

about 7 years ago

Thank you so much Joan!!! This country needs more people like you. I can hardly wait to publish the part II which will impact daily life for you and your love ones in a very safe, positive and productive way. Regards, Daniel

about 7 years ago

Daniel very interesting take on the problems of the world. While dissidents and terrorist see what they are doing as a way of enriching themselves as well as giving themselves something to do, the problem is going to remain. I think the ease in which a certain type of person is brainwashed into thinking what they are doing as right, will also enhance the problems of the modern world. Education lacking throughout certain areas of the world will ensure that the policies of powers seeking revenge on a country like the USA will continue for generations, as the very education is a type of brainwashing being practised by those that have an idea that they can bring down the power nation of the world. Only a turn around by educated leaders in half of the world will bring peace to the planet. I understand your take on not reducing the military in the USA, I think for the whole world it is a mistake, the peace keeping capabilities will be reduced, and that is not good for us living elsewhere. I personally see the USA problem, is in the need to increase their homeland security. Having been through the Rhodesian insurgency problems and the fighting of small scattered groups of terrorist it is not as easy as fighting off a major attack by an army. The ability of small shitty little cowards to infiltrate and do damage within the country is a problem not easily controlled. But the States need to do a PRO exercise to counter the brainwashing going on. You need to be able to teach the young that the bullshit they are being taught is incorrect and try to get people to think rationally. Half if not more of the people anti USA don't actually know why they are against you. The fact that their education is on facts untruthful will be a problem for world peace for years to come. It seems strange to me that Zimbabweians now dying of starvation because of what happened in Rhodesia are now saying "But they told us it would be better" Why because it was possible to brainwash them into thinking it would be, not realising what they were fighting for was actually the enrichment of a few able to bullshit them. So many nations are against the USA, why? Because they want the freedom that you have, and it is easy to tell them they need to fight you to obtain it. That's the intelligence level of your enemies. Sorry I might have digressed from the original reason for writing this, and have maybe waffled on about things I feel, but still, Good article.

about 7 years ago

Hi Rob, Very powerful reply. You are very right about "education lacking". In addition to corruption in the government, it makes it easy to grow the numbers of terror groups. Wait for the part II regarding RE-MO for law enforcement which was designed to reduce violent crimes in Western countries, reduce prison population by 60-80%, create jobs without the need to raise taxes. Homeland Security would be much easier and less costly. It will affect your daily life and your love ones as well in a productive and positive way. I definitely need people like you, with passion to help educate the American people and leaders in the government. I really appreciate your reply. Regards, Daniel

about 7 years ago

I found your suggestions fascinating--very broad strokes in rethinking military procedures. And it is certainly true that the forward thinking champions of airpower helped the USA prevail over older military strategies in both World Wars. Drones, for example, are an entirely new branch of weapons manufacture and use. Their implementation in Afghanistan has ethical and scientific considerations as well as tactical ones. In terms of journalism, you seem to have the same difficulties that I do--we are not journalists. For example, your explanation that a detailed review of RE-MO principles and tactics would have a negative impact on its actual use--you make perfect sense. But the extrapolation concludes with: 'don't report publicly something that should remain secret'. I understand your desire to popularize the newer paradigms of armed conflict, but to write a news article one must be as clear and direct as possible. Perhaps it would be better to focus on the basic axioms of modern-day, non-battlegrounded conflicts. For instance, what is the thinking on civilians caught in a crossfire--is that acceptable or not? Do we lump them in with the enemy because we can't be sure of their neutrality? Or do we have a 'break-off' contingency that puts civilian safety above the need to win the firefight? I have zero experience in military stuff (unless you count reading all of Tom Clancy's books--but even those are pre-9/11) but it seems apparent that ethics, like tactics, should be prepared and trained for before they become SOP in the 'field'. A new declaration of modern-day US Military priorities, both to servicemen AND to the civilian public would be a necessary first step in modernizing our country's battle plans. Maybe you could run through that for us--thus raising awareness without divulging dangerous specifics? Thanks.

about 7 years ago

Totally agree, we are not journalists; don't report publicly...should remain secret ( this has been in existence since 2004 unfortunately but due to bureaucracy in the government it has remained secret) so now it am taking to public. The RE-MO here is the generic one, the full detailed is for the government. Your advises are excellent. One advantage is to isolate the civilians to avoid getting caught in the crossfire. The part II is about RE-Mo in law enforcement which would really shock you because it is part of our daily lives. It is intended to reduce prison population by a realistic 60 - 80%; bring total safety in the community; create jobs and all without raising taxes. Thank you Christopher I really appreciate your very powerful and positive reply. I am working on the next parts of this article.

Good article

about 7 years ago

Thanks Shawn. Wait for the part about law enforcement because that will impact your daily life as well as your love ones.

about 7 years ago

I must not know much about this topic because some of it went over my head and I got a bit confused. I do understand that some of the budget cuts are insanely crazy. I bet they are propaganda because most of the population will see and feel the pain that goes with those cuts.

about 7 years ago

The part II is where it will impact your daily life, your love ones, friends and associates. It is about wrong law enforcement system that has been our lives since we were all born. It is also the reason that violent crimes cannot be eliminated and prison population will keep on rising as well as the need to raise more taxes. The future generations will be severely impacted by all these if not corrected now.