Hot dip recipes are for those who look for some hot starters for a dinner party or a gathering. There are plenty of hot starter recipes which include vegetarian starters, fish, meat and much more.
There are many different hot starter recipe ideas which one can think about, depending upon your level of cooking expertise. Such recipes are quite simpler as these can be made with the use of three or four ingredients.
Cold dip recipes are made in advance as they can be kept in the refrigerator till the time you serve them. Actually the same is possible with hot dip recipes as one can make them ahead of time and warm them once guests arrive.
One such starter recipe is hot spinach dip.
Let me share here the Hot Artichoke and Spinach Dip Recipe:
1. You simply start with two cloves of garlic. Here garlic is not to be used in a normal form, there is need to bake the garlic first. For that you put two cloves in a casserole dish and then bake them at 350 degrees in oven for about 30 minutes until garlic turns softer. Once it turns cool squeeze this garlic into a bowl.
2. Then in a mixing bowl add this squeezed garlic to 10 oz package of frozen chopped. One important tip is that, spinach should be thawed and squeezed dry to remove its excess water.
3. Then drain and chop a 14 oz can of artichoke hearts. Generally non marinated artichoke hearts are taken and then chopped using a normal chopping machine. Once they are finely chopped mix garlic with spinach and artichoke hearts.
4. Now in a mixing bowl add 1 package of KnorrÂ® Vegetable recipe mix, then 1 can (240 mL.) water chestnuts which are drained and chopped and 3/4 cup Hellmann'sÂ® or Best FoodsÂ® Real Mayonnaise.
5. Last step for making the hot spinach dip would be to mix in three types of cheese. Add in one cup of 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese, 8 oz cup of softened cream cheese and then remaining 1/2 cup of Swiss cheese.
6. Combine all these ingredients properly and pour them into a casserole dish.
7. Finally cover and bake it at 350 degrees for about thirty five minutes and make sure the dip has a lightly browned crunchy texture.
I hope the readers may find this hot spinach dip good and quite an easy recipe. This dip can be served to your loved ones with either tortilla chips or herb melba toast rounds.
Article Views: 1251 Report this Article