Aloe Vera is a great substance. It's one of my favourite to use on any dry skin I have, and it very quickly soothes and makes it feel just great. Did you know that you can also use it to help fade acne scarring as well? Well, you can. Here's a good method to use the gel, in its most natural form available.
1. Head on down to your local garden shop and purchase an actual aloe vera plant. The reason for this is very simple - most creams and tubs of lotion include a number of chemicals and other things that help keep the product on the shelf for a very long period of time, but don't help your skin in any way. An actual plant will enable to you to get the best results possible.
2. Cut off a frond or two and squeeze the gel into a blender. You may need to cut the plant open in order to get all of it out.
3. Add a few drops of lemon or lime juice. Lemon and lime juice are very effective ways to help reduce the colour of any dark or reddish scar marks. In addition they will help to preserve the lotion for up to a week (when you keep it in the fridge). If you want to add any additional natural products to the gel at this point, go ahead. Adding some essential oils like Rosehip oil can give you the benefits of those products as well - however you might just like to have the natural product on its own and leave the other products for later use.
4. Whizz the gel for a bit so it all blends together nicely.
5. Pop the gel into a container with a lid and store it in the fridge.
6. Before you go to bed, rub some onto your skin like a face mask. Leave it on overnight.
7. In the morning, simply wash your face well with warm water and a natural, clay or plant based soap.
Now this technique will take a bit of time to work. It may take many weeks, or even a few months in order to get the results that you want. However, if you stick with an aloe vera treatment you will find that your skin is smoother, silkier and the scars will be fading beautifully. While an aloe vera acne scar treatment may take some time to work properly, the fact it that with regular treatments you can get excellent results. So give it a go!
Article Views: 16572 Report this Article