1. Decide for yourself, why you need a website. Precise estimation of needs and goals of your business will be helpful for better orientation in complexity, budget and terms of your website development project.
2. Do not try to make a website by yourself. The explanation will be quite easy - website development is a complicated process, which requires thorough work of professionals – programmers, web designers, project managers and content writers. If you possess all these skills – you can create a website. Otherwise you’ll have to entrust it to someone else.
3. Do not entrust website development to non-professional web developers such as friends, relatives, students, etc. This mistake will result in a website you won’t be able to show to anybody. The experience shows that this venture has never resulted in something worthy. Firstly, it’s very difficult for one person to create a website. Secondly, it’s very difficult to establish a professional relationship with a friend: imagine that you don’t like the work, but how will you criticize a good friend, who made it cheaper than a professional website development company?
4. Think over the sections and sub-sections of your website. Draw a tree-structure of a website. This tree-form structure will help you decide which sections are prior and how they should be organized.
5. Write a website specification.
This document regulates your relations with a web designer, including demands in web design, terms of execution and price for the project.
6. Look for a good and trusted web development company. Accept the fact that good site isn’t a cheap thing to get. If an Executor offers very cheap prices, it’s a reason to become alert. Pay attention to a company’s portfolio.
7. Work out the stages of website development together with the Executor. Get to know the final price.
8. Interact with your web designer.
Web design is usually the first stage of website development process. It’s a concept of general website look. Web design is a compromise between a designer’s concept and your own.
9. Demand an easy-to-edit and easy-to-navigate website.
Layout is a process that follows web design. Ask the designer to show you how to edit the website and make sure that this process is not too complicated.
10. Test the website before launching it.
This stage will allow you to avoid most of mistakes in website navigation. Read the content, test all the buttons and report mistakes. Launch your website after all the mistakes are corrected.
I hope you found this information useful.
Article Views: 1715 Report this Article