Before planning to start a new web development project it is a must to review some of the most common mistakes made by other companies. There are lots of “deadly” mistakes and here are arranged some of them in these Top 10 reasons why web projects fail. Hopefully readers will find this info useful and learn some valuable lessons for future web development projects.
This 10 point summary will surely help to better understand the specifics of the web business and prepare readers for the way ahead. Some of them might not apply to any particular case.
Ok, let’s get started and see how to solve the most vulnerable issues.
Reason #1 why web projects fail:
No clear vision of the website and its purpose
How to fail
Approximately 20-30% of the clients do not have a clear vision of the web project they are about to embark on. Here are some of the most common mistakes website owners make:
• Have not studied what is out there already.
• Have not studied the competition.
• Do not even have the structure of the website that they want to build.
• Mostly preoccupied with the colors and the look of the site rather than the structure and the functionality.
• General misconception is to add more functionality and see what happens. Clients start building websites with all sorts of features: blogs, forums, chat rooms etc. but have no means of keeping them live and active.
How to succeed
• Study the competition
• If there is no competition, ask yourself why?
• Envision your site from the visual and functionality standpoint (create the site map).
• When ordering functionality like blogs and forums, it would be good to determine if there is enough time, dedication and visitors on the site to support the activity.
It is general misbelief that all the structure can be thought over in the process of website development. But it is just postponed again and again. If one still thinks that website purpose is something obvious - to attract customers, there are a lot of things to discover. There are still 9 most common website development mistakes left. They cover the most vulnerable aspects of website development. Such aspects have to be discussed in advance to prevent readers from wasting money and time on website development which won't bring them anything good in the end. The next article will dwell upon business model of website creation and related mistakes which are better to avoid.
Article Views: 983 Report this Article