I want to talk to you about yeast infections and treating them with oil of oregano. Oil of oregano has constituents that have been shown amazingly to kill viruses, bacteria and a host of other microorganisms, including the fungus that leads do Candida albicans infections or yeast infections.
Oil of oregano works like a natural antibiotic. This is especially true for the P73 wild oregano blend, the form I use and recommend; it has the best research behind it. Studies at Georgetown University Medical Center show the fungal fighting properties of the P73 wild oregano blend to be very effective, especially with respect to Candida albicans, common yeast infections.
Oil of oregano also kills 30 different strains of harmful bacteria; it kills the coronaviruses, which are the second leading cause of the common cold. Oil of oregano is effective because of the volatile oils it contains, called thymol and carvacrol, which directly kill these different microbes.
With respect to yeast infections, what is the Candida albicans story? Well, even when your skin and body are healthy, there is still bacteria and yeast that are growing in your skin, in your mouth, nose, digestive and urogenital tract that really don’t create a problem. But under certain circumstances, the Candida albicans will begin to grown and upset the balance of the bacteria. This will typically result in an infection known as Polysystemic Chronic Candidiasis (PCC).
Here are a few of the situations that can lead to an overgrowth of Candida in our bodies –
• Using antibiotics on a regular basis. When you use antibiotics on a regular basis, you can become much more susceptible to PCC.
• Overusing steroid drugs, like Prednisone, can create such a situation, as well.
• Oral contraceptives can also increase the likelihood of Candida overgrowth because it changes the pH balance, allowing these things to grow more easily.
• Hormonal changes that women can experience, especially during pregnancy, can make them more susceptible to PCC, as well.
• Using a lot of refined sugars fuels Candida organisms. They feed on refined sugars, so if there are a lot of refined sugars or your blood sugar is high, that feeds into the growth of these things.
• Any factors that weaken your immune system will give Candida a greater chance of overgrowth – too much alcohol, certain nutrient deficiencies, stress hormones and immunosuppressant drugs, like Prednisone and Cyclosporine which can also increase the opportunity for what’s called opportunistic infection.
The physical signs of Candida appear differently in different systems of the body, but they can be as follows –
• Sugar cravings
• Carbohydrate cravings
• Chronic bloating and cramps
• Depression, irritability, difficulty concentrating and frequent mood swings
• Muscle or joint aches
• A feeling of weakness or more fatigue than usual
• Weight gain
• Binge eating
• Water retention
• Urogenital symptoms, such as frequent infections, itching or discharge
• An increase in headache frequency or intensity
• Skin rashes
• Food allergies
If you have any of these constellations of symptoms, any combination, you might want to see your doctor and get some blood tests done to see if you have a yeast infection. Your doctor would perform what’s called the immunodiffusion test, which is an FDA approved test that will look for antibody levels against Candida. It’s a good test to have done. Another is the Candida albicans Assay where you have an ELISA test. That looks for earlier stages of Candidiasis. Because a lot of people who experience an overgrowth of yeast and Candida infections will often experience food allergies and sensitivities, administering food testing using the IgE ELISA Delayed Food Allergy Assay is also very useful.
If you test positive or you’re quite certain that you have yeast infections that are chronic, then oil of oregano should be part of your game plan. It helps to actually kill it and knock it out. I recommend you use 250 mg. capsules of the P73 wild oil of oregano blend; it’s what I’ve seen worked most effectively in the situations I’ve encountered.
It begins with oil of oregano, but certain immune modulators are also very important; you want to get your immune system into the fight, as well. You need your own immune cells to help you. They’re immune modulators and you need to understand how to use them in concert with the oil of Oregano.
Article Views: 7499 Report this Article