In our daily conversations we often use certain expressions and idioms which if they were to be understood literally meaning this would be a crazy world. An Idiom is a phrase where the meaning is different from the dictionary meaning of the individual words. There are some phrases that you share with friends and if a third party was to scrutinize you would be left laughing. Sometimes I just wonder what the world would be if we understood the phrases without any twist to it. I just thought of highlighting a few of the expressions
1. Good for nothing: This one just makes me not want to open my mouth. It ain't nothing if its good and it definitely cannot be good if its nothing.. How can these two words even be used together
2. You made your bed, lie in it: Of course am going to lie in it, its mine, why on earth would I make my bed and let someone else lie in it.
3. Bake your cake and eat it: If I make all the time to bake my cake why not eat it? Its not like am baking it for charity.
4. You cannot kill two birds with one stone: This one is just stupid, why are you going for two birds at the same time anyway. 5. Boys will be boys: As if it could be said any other way. There is no one time boy will be a girl unless there is some major transformation going on.
6. Can I tell you something? Ok if its not something you want to tell me then what could we possibly be talking about?
7. Can I be honest with you? Seriously! all along you didn’t think I deserved honesty so you just changed your mind? What are we even discussing here. No keep lying to me.
8. Bend over backwards: Now this one is just twisted, is it even possible
9. Break a leg: This should never be said to a sports person or dancer, I mean what if it came true, and this is someone’s career you could be ruining.
10. Never bite the hand that feeds you: You have to be sick to do this because any normal person wouldn’t dare hurt themselves.
I just thought of getting out of the usual routine of writing about relationships and thought of creating a light moment hope this cracks you up.
Article Views: 1018 Report this Article